Piper's Ultimate Reed Poker
The Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker brings reeds back to life and is a must-have to have a world-class bagpipe sound.
- Use the poker when your pipe chanter reed starts to get a little bit too easy, chirps, squeals, or starts to sound sharp and thin.
- As you play a new reed, it starts to break in, getting easier and more efficient. But the cane can get too soft — this is where the reed poker comes in.
- A small adjustment (we’re talking 1/1000ths of an inch) to the metal staple inside the reed can bring a reed back to life, extend the playable life of the reed, and give you a brighter, crisper, stronger, more stable sound.
- The only way to open up a reed from the inside is with a reed poker.
- It has a smooth point which allows you to precisely control just how much you want to open the reed.
- Simply insert the poker to open up the reed a little bit more.
- Other blunt, square-shaped pokers can get stuck or can damage the reed by twisting.
Here’s what one piper wrote about the The Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker:
Best. Reed. Poker. Yet… Out of about 20 reeds that were the “last to be picked”… it made four reeds I previously would have dismissed and turned them “very usable.” Two reeds that were “borderline”, were quickly turned into “quite good”. It’s already paid for itself.
Designed and built by Jori Chisholm, founder of BagpipeLessons.com
Includes one Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker and storage case. Reed not included.
Unlimited Blocks, Tabs or Accordions with any HTML content can be assigned to any individual product or to certain groups of products, like entire categories, brands, products with specific options, attributes, price range, etc. You can indicate any criteria via the advanced product assignment mechanism and only those products matching your criteria will display the modules.
Also, any module can be selectively activated per device (desktop/tablet/phone), customer login status and other criteria. Imagine the possibilities.